Mrs.Ch.S.Lakshmi, Head of the Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities has done her Post graduation and M.Phil. from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. She has 17 years of experience in teaching at engineering level. She is actively involved in research activities. As a part of it, she has completed a DSTE sponsored research project on nanoferrites. She has presented 4 papers in various conferences. She is doing Ph.D. on nanoferrites.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities is one of the indispensable departments of Regency Institute of Technology. Department imparts excellent quality education in the area of Applied Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Environmental Science etc.) and Humanities (English, Communication skills) for the future technocrats of all streams and enhances innovative thinking among the students. The Department has well equipped laboratories for Physics, chemistry and communication skills.
The Department also promotes study and research in new and emerging areas and encourages the academic interaction of the faculty and students at national and international levels. Most of the faculty members of the Department are engaged in research and publish their research work in the reputed national/international journals regularly.
The institution strives to provide a conducive atmosphere for self improvement. The department lays emphasis on discipline and inculcates spiritual, moral, and ethical values into the students. Our institute strongly believes that in today's world a student must lay immense stress on developing his mental and physical faculties and for the development of these faculties the institute provides its students with a number of opportunities to participate in the various cultural and co-curricular activities held throughout the year. The faculty members of the department take very active part in organizing these activities. Prominent among these activities are a cultural, sports and College day festival which is held in the month of March every year.
The Department, from time to time also organizes refreshing courses for staff through a series of lectures on various topics of interest.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
Engineering and technologies have become one of the predominant forces in shaping our vision of reality in the contemporary world and the domain of humanistic learning enables a future technocrat to sustain the resilience of human spirit in all spheres of life. The department of Applied Science & Humanities (AS & H) of R.I.T. fulfills this vision of projecting a human content and consciousness required for the expansion of technological and scientific knowledge by synthesizing the technologies with Applied sciences and Humanities.
The Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities nurtures careers of excellence and leadership in technology for academically talented students. The Department is as well dedicated to encourage understanding of science and its relevance in the technological sphere.
As the Global situation warrants communication skills in English, the Department concentrates on providing best methods to make young students to develop keen interest in understanding the importance of English to become the leaders in their careers.
1. The department, established in the year 2000, has earned a distinctive name for itself, primarily because of the wide-ranging experience of the members of its faculty and the application of innovative teaching methods, keeping in tune with the emerging developments in their respective fields of expertise.
2. The laboratories of physics, chemistry are well equipped with a facility that each student can do the experiment individually.
3. The English language lab has excellent equipment with computer aided language packages to develop them in communication skills and for the preparation of tests like GRE, TOEFL etc.
4. Research activities are carried out in the Department.
5. True education should aim at developing the all round personality of student. All round personality include the mental, moral & physical development of student & this platform is given to us by N.S.S. our college has such a mixture of sports, studies , social activities such as N.S.S., N.C.C.